It must break your heart when you don’t get the best out of your clip-in hair extensions as they keep falling out and getting loose. But why does it happen and how can you prevent it? Keep on reading to get all the answers!
What Are Clip In Hair Extensions?
Clip-in hair extensions are one of the temporary kinds of hair extensions available in the market. As the name already implies, this kind of hair extension can be installed by simply clipping them onto your own hair. Let’s get into the details of how you can install them later on in this guide. You can easily get your hands on multiple types of clip-in hair extensions from online stores as well as physical shops. The best parts about clip-in hair extensions are their affordability and easy installation.
How to Install Clip-In Hair Extensions?
Clip-in hair extensions are loved for their easy application and removal. If you too want to have an easy and comfortable hairstyling experience then opt for clip-in hair extensions. Here is how you can install clip-in hair extensions without any professional help, from within the comforts of your home!
- Step 1: First off, brush your hair thoroughly and get rid of any dirt by taking a deep cleaning shower. Any grease or dirt can result in the hair extension getting loose and eventually falling off.
- Step 2: Next, section your hair into thin layers and tie up the rest on top of your head. This will help you install the clip in hair extensions easily, without getting the extra hair sandwiched in between.
- Step 3: After that, take your clip-in hair extension weft and prepare the clips by clicking them open. Now place them over your sectioned hair and gently slide them on. Once the clip is properly merged with your hair, press the clips in place.
- Step 4: Repeat step number 3 until all your hair or a specific area is properly covered.
- Step 5: When you are done clipping on all of your hair extensions, gently brush your hair and enjoy styling them however you please!
Why Do Clip-In Hair Extensions Fall Out?
The majority of hair extension users face a problem that seems to confuse them every time. They often end up searching things like ‘why do clip-in hair extensions fall out easily’? Or sometimes even ‘do clip-in hair extensions fall out easily?’ after watching so many users face the same problem. So to clear some confusion out, we are here with a list of basic reasons that result in clip-in hair extensions falling off.
Excessive Product Use:
Products such as hairspray and oily creams can make the clips of the hair extensions slide off bit by bit.
Oily Hair or Scalp:
Oily hair or scalp results in excessive oil making the hair extension’s slips slip off and lose their right position.
Same Day Treatment:
If you treat your hair with color, bleach, or any hair care product on the same day as your clip-in hair extension installation, then they are most likely going to loosen and fall off.
If your clip-in hair extensions are installed incorrectly and are not clipped in the right way, then they are most definitely prone to falling or getting loose.
How To Prevent Clip-In Hair Extensions from Falling Out?
With the questions ‘do clip-in hair extensions fall out’ and ‘how do clip-in hair extensions fall out easily?’ finally answered, it’s only fair that you know ways to prevent it. Here are some tips on how you can prevent your clip-in hair extensions from falling out.
Be Gentle When Brushing:
Gently brush your hair extensions as too much pressure can cause the clips to loosen their grip easily.
Don’t Use Hairspray:
Using hairspray is an absolute no-no as it can make your hair slippery, resulting in your hair extensions getting loose and falling off.
Use Clarifying Shampoo Before Installation:
Using high-quality clarifying shampoo can help get rid of all the grease and dirt from your hair. Smooth and clean hair are a better platform for clip-on hair extensions to hold on to.
Use Hair Extension Care Products:
There are specific hair extension care products that can help your extensions last longer. They also help them maintain their initial placement for a good amount of time.
We hope this guide helped you understand all about how to keep clip-in hair extensions from falling out.