Table of content
- What are clip-in extensions?
- How do I install clip-in extensions correctly?
- Taking care of Clip-in Extensions
- How long do clip-in extensions last?
- What is the cost of clip-in extensions?
- Pros of clip-in extensions
- Cons of clip-in extensions
- Clip-in extensions reviews
Ever wonder how someone’s hair just looks a lot longer and voluminous even though you saw them just a few days earlier with short and dull hair?
Well, that, my friends, is the power and beauty of hair extensions.
Wearing hair extensions is become an increasingly popular trend day by day, not only because they look great but also because they’re generally easy to handle and provide solutions to all your hair problems – that too – in less than a day! What more could you ask for than hair that you can install and remove whenever you wanted to?
It’s like a get out of jail free card for when you don’t want to deal with long hair but also need long hair to style your hair properly. You can get the best of both worlds using clip-in hair extensions!
What are clip-in extensions?
Clip-in hair extensions are temporary hair extensions that you can wear in order to change your entire outlook overnight!
Need to attend a wedding the next day but don’t have enough volume or length in your hair to style it the way you want to? Well, worry no more because, with clip-in hair extensions, you can get your desired hair length and volume in no time. In fact, you don’t even need to make a trip to your hairdresser!
Clip-in hair extensions are the most widely used and recognized hair extensions. The best thing about clip-in hair extensions is that you don’t have to get them installed by a hairdresser. Let’s admit, going to the hairdresser every now and then can actually dig a hole in your wallet, but with clip-in hair extensions, you don’t even need to do that.
You can install clip-in hair extensions to your own head without any hassle. They’re easy to install and can be installed pretty quickly, which is why they’re so popular. You can also remove them whenever you want without any hassle!
Clip-ins are the easiest and most convenient hair extensions to use, especially if you’re not a hairdresser yourself. They don’t damage your hair and they’re easy to apply.
Clients often approach me to ask me which hair extensions they should use so that they can install them and remove them on their own and my response is always the same: clip-in hair extensions for the win!
How do I install clip-in hair extensions correctly?
Anatomically, clip-in hair extensions consist of wefts of hair that are tied to a clip at the end. The extensions can be secured to your hair with the help of clips at their ends. That means all you have to do is pop open the clips and then install them on your hair. I’m pretty sure you can manage to do that on your own! After all, haven’t we all spent a part of our childhoods installing random clips on our heads?
I still remember installing colorful clips on my head as a child whenever I had the chance to. Installing clip-in hair extensions takes just as much effort, except you just need to be careful about how to place the clips so that your hair extensions look as natural as they possibly can!
When it comes to clip-in hair extensions, you don’t have to worry about any collateral damage being done to your hair while you’re wearing clip-in hair extensions because they don’t cause any damage to your natural hair. Therefore, if you’re thinking of getting hair extensions but are worried about hair damage, you should definitely go for clip-in hair extensions.
Taking care of Clip-in Hair Extensions
To make sure that your clip-in hair extensions last longer, there are a few precautions and tips that you should take. Here are some of them:
- Never go to bed with clip-in hair extensions. Come on, you don’t want to look great in your sleep too, right? Just take off your clip-in hair extensions before you go to bed so that they don’t get tangled when you’re moving around in your sleep. You don’t want the clip-in hair extensions to be as messy as your natural hair when you get out of bead.
- Don’t wear them when you’re going near water. Your natural hair can withstand water because your scalp produces sebum and other products that nourish the hair. However, the clip-in hair extensions cannot replace their lost moisture or heal from damage. This is why you should take them off before showering or swimming.
- Brush your clip-in hair extensions regularly. Brushing prevents your clip-in hair extensions from getting tangled and from getting damaged. If you catch a potential tangle earlier on while brushing, you won’t have to deal with tangled hair later. Tangled hair gets easily damaged while untangling, which is why it’s better to make sure that you don’t get any tangles in the first place by regularly brushing your hair extensions. Honestly, brushing hair extensions reminds me of how I used to brush my doll’s hair while I was a kid!
- Don’t bleach or dye your clip-in hair extensions. Just like bleach and dye damage your natural hair, they also damage hair extensions. Therefore, it’s not recommended for you to dye or bleach your hair. Why would you even want to do that anyway? Hair colors are available in all kinds of colors so if you really want dyed hair extensions, get ready-made dyed hair extensions because bleaching and dyeing them on your own can cause a considerable amount of damage!
- Avoid using heat on them! I know how important it is to style your hair with heat, but when it comes to hair extensions, you need to tone down the heat a bit and avoid using hot tools like irons and curling rods. This will ensure that your extensions last longer because heat can irreversibly damage hair extensions
- Don’t be harsh with your hair extensions. You need to handle your hair extensions as softly and gently as you can in order to avoid any damage to them. After all, they don’t grow back like your natural hair so treat them with the utmost care!
How long do clip-in hair extensions last?
How long clip-in hair extensions last actually depends on how you use them. Like I’ve mentioned earlier in the section above, if you treat your hair extensions properly and take care of them, they’re going to last a lot longer than otherwise. However, of course, clip-in hair extensions do have a lifespan!
The lifespan of the average clip-in hair extensions varies from about three months to about nine months. Many factors affect the lifespan of clip-in hair extensions.
For example, if you wear clip-in hair extensions every day, they’re less likely to last longer than compared to clip-in hair extensions that you wear less frequently. Your frequency of usage actually affects the lifespan of clip-in hair extensions.
Furthermore, even under clip-in hair extensions, there are many types of extensions out there, each with a different hair quality. The one with better hair quality will obviously last longer than one with poor hair quality.
Not only this, but the styling, heating, washing and a lot of other factors also decrease the lifespan of clip-in hair extensions. Therefore, I can’t tell you the exact lifespan of your clip-in hair extensions but can give you an estimate.
This estimate is derived from my own usage of clip-in hair extensions as well as a little research. You might be able to slightly increase the lifespan by taking good care of your clip-in hair extensions.
What is the cost of clip-in hair extensions?
Clip-in hair extensions have no definitive fixed cost because the price of each brand is different. There are many factors that contribute to the price of hair extensions, which include but are not limited to hair quality, brand, the thickness of the hair extensions, the length of the extensions as well as the color of the hair extensions in some cases. This is because bleach, blonde and other such colors require the hair extensions to undergo some chemical processes, after which the cost price of the hair extensions increases.
Now, if you’re speaking of high-quality hair extensions, they’re available in the range of $100 to $300. However, let me warn you that paying a higher amount for hair extensions does not always ensure that you’re getting a higher quality as well. Therefore, thoroughly check online reviews of hair extensions before purchasing them and stay away from fake reviews because they can con you into buying low-quality products for a high price.
Moreover, the cost of the hair extensions also depends on the material used for the hair extensions. Synthetic hair extensions are available for much cheaper than hair extensions made out of authentic hair. There’s a considerable difference between the two and obviously, human hair extensions should be preferred because they will give you a natural and flawless look!
Another disadvantage of synthetic clip-in hair extensions is that they cannot be styled with heat tools because the material that they’re made of can melt. In fact, you can use this information to test whether or not your hair extensions are made out of authentic human hair.
If you’re on a low budget, then synthetic hair extensions may be a good option for you because they’re a lot cheaper, but keep in mind you won’t be able to use heating tools on them because otherwise, they will melt.
Now that we’ve discussed all the basics about clip-in hair extensions, let’s look at a general review of the pros and cons of clip-in hair extensions.
Pros of clip-in hair extensions
- You can install them on your own. I think this is the biggest advantage of clip-in hair extensions because installing and removing the extensions on your own whenever you want allows you to experiment with your hair properly. Moreover, if you don’t like the color of the hair extensions after you’ve applied them, you can easily remove the hair extensions and change them for a better color!
- They cost a lot less than the alternative forms of hair extensions. The actual cost price of clip-in hair extensions is actually less than those of tape-in hair extensions because the clip-in ones are more common. Moreover, since you don’t need to get clip-in hair extensions installed by a hairdresser, you can manage to save a lot of money if you use clip-in hair extensions rather than the alternative ones.
- Clip-in hair extensions do not damage your hair! Despite what you might hear from others, clip-in tape extensions are pretty harmless and don’t damage your natural hair. There are other types of hair extensions that damage your hair if they’re not properly applied, but clip-in hair extensions aren’t one of them!
- Clip-in hair solutions provide a convenient and easy overnight solution to transform your hair into long, lusciously thick hair! They provide an easy and quick solution to all your hair problems!
Cons of clip-in hair extensions
- You need to remove your clip-in hair extensions every night before going to sleep because sleeping with them will make them tangled and might even damage them. Removing your hair extensions every night and then putting them back on the next day might become very draining and tiring for you, especially if you’re a college student. After all, what’s worse than having to get up an hour earlier just to get your hair in order?
- The clips of the hair extensions might become visible if you don’t install the hair extensions properly. While it’s true that you can install these hair extensions yourself, you need to do so carefully so that the clips aren’t visible and you’re giving off a very natural and flowy look!
Clip-in hair extensions reviews
I regularly publish clip-in extensions reviews on my website. I had a great experience with Cashmere Hair clip-ins. They were really made of high quality hair. However, they are quite expensive. Alternatively, Luxy Hair can be a better fit for most women. I had a positive experience with Luxy Hair clip-in extensions and would recommend them too!
So, what are you waiting for? Head over to your nearest cosmetic store today and try out clip-in hair extensions. Believe me, once you start using them, you’ll fall in love with them and never stop using them, especially on events and other occasions!
They’re easy to use, cheap and convenient to buy!